Ridicules mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapwn

Reaction score
Ridicules stamp

I bought this cheap but cute stamp from ebay and I received it today. I am sure you have seen it around. It is sold as a “soap stamp”.

image.jpg

I tested it on two different bars.

The first one is made some days ago but it is still soft, and the second one is made 12 hours ago.

The results are ridiculus. Just look at them:

DSC00641.jpg

Before I through it away, I would like to ask for your help. Am I doing something wrong?

How should I use it? How do you use it?

How many hours after taking the soap out of the mold?

Should I rub it with water or oil before I stick it in the soap?

Last edited:
I'm still struggling to get it right with my stamp too tbh but it is improving, so don't throw it away, its all about practising. You need to wait till the soap is harder and someone advised me on here to rub OO into the stamp to prevent sticking but after watching the video above I might give rubbing alcohol a try too.

very nice looking stamp! stamping takes a little patience, but the results are definitely worth the extra effort!

So glad to see this thread! I bought a stamp about a month ago and the first 3 batches I used it, it on worked beautifully, the last 3 have been a disaster. I figured that the stamp had come with some coating that had worn off. This gives me the confidence to persevere! Thank you!!!

Latest posts

Back