Recommendations for MP base? Foam Booster?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennacouture

Reaction score
I have been searching posts for a good recommendation on MP bases?

I have used Bramble Berry and Bulk Apothecary and neither of them give good lather.

I was wondering if anyone has ever added foam booster to a MP Base? I know we are limited on what we can add in the MP base but I was just curious.

I also tried the Castile soap from BA and wasn't really thrilled with it?

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times! I'm new to posting to the group but I have been reading for awhile! :)

A base with SLS will give you better suds. You can try adding a surfactant to your base to give better suds, SLS or Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacteate.

I have found the Brambleberry's premium goats milk base gives a lot of lather. Have you tried that one? I have tried bases from several companies and different bases from BB, but I always come back to the premium goats milk for any project it will work in.

Thank you ladies!! I had the goats milk that was in the sampler at Bramble Berry. I do ADORE the owner and all of her soap videos so I would love to keep giving her business! I will double check to see if there is a premium goats milk instead of just regular. :)

Jennacouture-

I think the goat's milk base is the same one in the sampler. They sell that one and a bulk one.

I have over 20 kinds of bases. I bought almost all of the bases from Crafter's Choice, except for the non detergent ones I did not like, several from Stephenson's and then many from SFIC.

You might like the Stephenson's bases since some of them have SLES in them.

I even have several shaving ones. I do think these have more bubbles since they are supposed to produce suds for shaving.

I settled on the SFIC bases because they are more natural and I like them. I use the shea and aloe bases and mix a small amount of the low sweat base into it.

I would be more than happy to cut you off some slivers and send them to you to try. Send me an email if you are interested. It's really no problem and I have a TON of it.

Latest posts

Back