Recipe using carrot baby food

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyslippers

Reaction score
I ran across a recipe for CP carrot soap using a jar of baby food and thought I'd put that in the memory bank to try. I purchased a jar of baby food & for the life of me cannot find the recipe. Found a lot using fresh carrots but not the one with baby food. Why - oh- why didn't I copy the recipe when I first found it. Arghhhhh! :cry: Can anyone help me out? Thanks

carrot soap

I made carrot soap. I used a 2 oz jar of baby food carrots and subracted 2
oz of water when I made my lye solution. At trace I added the carrots.
It turned out very nice.

I think it might have been Corrie - Lomond Soap - who made the most beautiful soap with carrots, not sure juice or baby food, but it was sure purty.

Lovetosoap & Deda - thanks for the responses. I was just going to wing it by adding the babyfood but I had wondered about reducing water. Lovetosoap, I'll do just as you did and reduce water by 2 oz & add the babyfood at trace. Thank you so much!

Deda - Just googled Corrie Lomond soap & saw a picture of her beautiful carrot soap. She boiled carrots, pureed them in the blender & then strained to use just the juice. Added her blog spot to my favorites so I can find that one next time :lol:

I have used a jar of baby food carrots , deducted the baby food jar weight from the water and swirled them in at trace with some honey ..It turned out to be a very good soap.

HTH

Kitn

Hi,
Recently I cooked & pureed some of my red carrots and used it together with some tomato and a bunch of other stuff in acne soap. Been using that for a week now, and it's wonderful!

I love the sound of a carrot facial soap. I think the baby food carrots would be perfect because they are already mushed and ready to go. Do like the other said and subtract the amount of the carrots off your water amount and add at trace.
Kitn, the one with the carrot and honey sounds good enough to eat!! My littlest DD loves honey carrots, with sesame seeds on top!! She'd eat a whole platefull for dinner!!
Next item on the shopping list: baby carrots. I think I'll get some pumpkin while I'm there. :oops:

ChrissyB said:
I love the sound of a carrot facial soap. I think the baby food carrots would be perfect because they are already mushed and ready to go. Do like the other said and subtract the amount of the carrots off your water amount and add at trace.
Kitn, the one with the carrot and honey sounds good enough to eat!! My littlest DD loves honey carrots, with sesame seeds on top!! She'd eat a whole platefull for dinner!!
Next item on the shopping list: baby carrots. I think I'll get some pumpkin while I'm there. :oops:

Yum on the carrots , honey and sesame seeds . My grandkids love veggies , I will have to try this .thank you .

Kitn

Back