Recent efforts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dOttY

Reaction score
Here are a few of my recent soaps... I have come to the conclusion, there aren't enough hours in the day! I love making soap! :D

SoapTrioPN.jpg

They look amazing Dotty! Especially love vanilla bean ... I love dark soaps!

You're so right ... I wish I didn't have to work ... but I do, and with markets most weekends, I have one day free to soap ... and I love it!

I agree. They are all beautiful, but that Vanilla Bean immediately caught my eye and it is so amazing! :D

Wow those are so beautiful, love the peppermint patty one

Traceyann said:
Dotty, what do u make your round soaps in ? AND I love how u put that line inbetween the colours

Hey TraceyAnn, I use PVC pipe to make my round soap. I don't line it, just block off the bottom with laminated plastic secured with heavy duty rubberbands. The 'line' in between is Cocoa.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments :)

Wow! They're beautiful!! It would be hard to pick a favorite between them. (Love the stamp)

those are great! do you bevel the edges? if so, how did you get them so smooth. i have tried to bevel my round ones but it never works.

stunning. I love them all...

I just started using PVC and love the round look. Do you mind if I ask how you do the swirling in PVC. I've tried to search the internet but have not come up with anything.

Thanks Guys.

MeadowHillFarmCT, here is a link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXai2SqYhTc&list=FLZaGqkKk1IKRg4iGywJvnJw&index=4&feature=plpp_video"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXai2SqY ... plpp_video[/ame]

I believe these lovely people are from this forum?
Here's a pic of a soap I made following their YouTube vid (I hadn't bevelled yet, lol):
CoolWatersSwirlcut3.jpg

To bevel my edges on round soap, I just use a vegie peeler. To bevel my edges on rectangle soaps, I have a bevel thingy that my hubby made for me.

Back