Rebatching a rebatch?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliChan

Reaction score
Has anyone done that before that they might be able to give me some advice on?
I re-batched some of my old scraps about a month ago and i did half scraps the other half was
8% super-fat
50% lard
25% Coconut oil
20% hemp
5% Castor
but its completely drying me out :( so i was thinking about re-re batching doing the same 50-50 thing but instead of the recipe above doing 100% OO
But im really not looking forward to it ive re-batched 8 pounds of soap this week alone >.< If i let it continue to cure will it get better or should i re-batch it. i dont have a lot of knowledge when it comes to re-batched soaps.

I have once, and it turned out better the second rebatch time than it did the first. I did not add "new" soap, though. It was all rebatch.

If is has only been a month then I would say let it cure another month. BUT... what was wrong the first time around? Why did you have to rebatch? If it was lye heavy then unless you know exactly how much you used you don't know how much additional oil to add to bring it to the desired SF level. If your recipe was fine and it was just a cosmetic issue then yeah, just let it cure more.

You can rebatch it again if you want to, tho.

nothing was wrong with any of that soap the first time around, i have a scrap bucket were i put the ends of the loaf and the beveled edges into and i had never emptied it before so i had about 4 pounds of scraps in there that i wanted to get rid of.
Thank you for the input ill let it cure for another month and see how it works out.

Latest posts

Back