Rebatch question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so last month I tried my hand at hp soap following a YouTube video, and before you ask i did not put the recipe into soapcalc (big mistake on my part). Anyway, I ended up hours later realizing, with the help of a friend, that i put way too much oil in the recipe. Can i rebatch is my question?

Post the recipe you used.. It'll help people figure things out faster. Sometimes the soap doesn't need a rebatch after all and sometimes you'll just have to toss it. Without knowing how and what you did, it's difficult to say.

Oh yeah! I'm new to this lol. Here's the recipe...i found out the first ingredient was a typo...
Screenshot_20190822-092111_YouTube.jpg

Oh yeah! I'm new to this lol. Here's the recipe...i found out the first ingredient was a typo...View attachment 41084
Okay, you should have used 4.2 oz of lye for the recipe as posted. So, you can rebatch it for sure. So, you're short 1.3 ounce of lye. Mix 1.3 oz water with 1.3 oz lye, then I would shred/heat in a crockpot add the extra lye/water mixture and cook to bring it together.

Okay, you should have used 4.2 oz of lye for the recipe as posted. So, you can rebatch it for sure. So, you're short 1.3 ounce of lye. Mix 1.3 oz water with 1.3 oz lye, then I would shred/heat in a crockpot add the extra lye/water mixture and cook to bring it together.
Awesome!!! Thank you

Back