Rebatch question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjt123

Reaction score
If you add more water when rebatching you get a smoother finish, I understand this means it will take longer to harden but my question is will it still harden to the same degree it would if you add less water. Also does adding more water degrade the soap in any way?

Too much might mean it even warps as it cures, so try to go for 'enough'. If you use so much that it doesn't warp, it'll still need longer to cut and cure than with less water. It will get as hard, but will need more time to do it.

You shouldn't have to rebatch too often, so a little rustic batch now and then isn't too bad, is it?

You shouldn't have to rebatch too often, so a little rustic batch now and then isn't too bad, is it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I read somewhere that some soapers make soap to rebatch because fragerances added to rebatch will be stronger and last longer so thats what I was trying out. I mixed 100% olive oil soap with 100% coconut soap. The problem I'm having is the coconut has melted but the olive is just soft. So I have learnt from that.

My first rebatched soap when my CP was lye heavy but the rebatched was success. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1421714981.394957.jpg

Latest posts

Back