Rats!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausfrau007

Reaction score
I just gave away my last bar of soap from a batch that I made two years ago. I thought, fo sho, I have more somewhere, but I don't!! I really wanted to try it after curing it for two whole years, but it's gone. Gone to Ohio, as a matter of fact, south of the border where it's irretrievable. :(

Hausfrau007 said:
I just gave away my last bar of soap from a batch that I made two years ago. I thought, fo sho, I have more somewhere, but I don't!! I really wanted to try it after curing it for two whole years, but it's gone. Gone to Ohio, as a matter of fact, south of the border where it's irretrievable. :(

Looks like you're gonna have to make another batch and wait 2 years for it.....j/k!

:( So sorry to hear that. Maybe you could buy yourself a special box or tote to keep 1-2 bars from every batch, just for you. Like a soap keepsake box so you won't run into that problem again! :)

It *was* an end piece!! I gave it to my mom, and moms don't care if it's an end piece,because they love and support everything you do. Still bugs me tho.

I still have some bars from my first batch (2+ years ago). Want one? They are really nothing extra although perhaps I should try one just for grins. I used one of Kathy Miller's recipes and the batch was huge. I also used virgin palm oil because I didn't know any better. I had a lot of bright orange soap! It has since lost its scent (lemongrass EO).

Hausfrau007 said:
Gone to Ohio, as a matter of fact, south of the border where it's irretrievable. :(

Tell me where! I'll fetch it back for you! :lol:

Seriously, that is upsetting. I did the same thing with a buttermilk soap in which I had blended a FO and an EO together. I wanted to know how the blend held up over time. I was really upset when I realized I had given the last bar away - mailed it to a sister who lives in South Carolina.

I like SoapAddict415's suggestion about setting up a keeper box. That's a good idea. Too bad I didn't think of it. :(

They're in Barberton, OH, a five hour drive from Toronto. Yeah, go get them for me!!!

Hausfrau007 said:
They're in Barberton, OH, a five hour drive from Toronto. Yeah, go get them for me!!!

Whoa! That's near Akron. Umm...on second thought, couldn't you call and ask nicely for her to send it back? :lol:

I just got some new molds, and was too lazy to do the calculation to figure out the amount of oils for it. I used it for the first time tonight, and ended up with a little too much soap. I put the extra in a silicone tray mold of little hearts I had, and couldn't help but think of this thread. Now I'll have a 12 little hearts to test with if I give it all away :D

Latest posts

Back