Rasberry POP mica morphed to orange!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapbuddy

Reaction score
This was not what I had in mind. I was expecting some sort of pink. I wanted a bright pink darn it!

In the mold
SoapRaspberryMica.jpg

And cut
soapraspberryMicacut.jpg

I've got the raspberry pop mica there to do a pomegranite coloured soap...a far cry from pomegranite...hmmmmm.... off to rethink.

A lovely soap all the same Irena.

I was told not to use the strawberry mica because of morhping issues so used the rasberry shade.
First picture it turned to a peach colour (this gave me doubts that i might have used strawberry instead by mistake).

Second picture used a heavier amount of the rasberry mica and it changed to an orange although whilst mixing the mica with the soap base i got a lovely red shade.
Sadly I will not use it again too unpredictable.

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Apologies if my pictures are to big must learn to downsize.

If you got yours from tkb, there were a bunch of people saying that tkb accidentally switched the strawberry (which does morph orange) and raspberry mica there. So you could call and get a new raspberry sent to you because there was some kind of mix up. Hope this helps?

tasha said:
If you got yours from tkb, there were a bunch of people saying that tkb accidentally switched the strawberry (which does morph orange) and raspberry mica there. So you could call and get a new raspberry sent to you because there was some kind of mix up. Hope this helps?
I just saw that. I think I will contact the vendor and ask, thank you.

I was thinking raspberry was supposed to be stable. I'm sorry this happened to you but your soap is still beautiful and I'll certainly be cautious about the raspberry when I use it.

No way...they switched strawberry and raspberry! Mine turned bright orange about 2 months ago...boy was I not happy. I thought it was just the oils or the fo I used that did it. I'll have to email tkb and see what they say.

Thanks Tasha

Hazel said:
I was thinking raspberry was supposed to be stable. I'm sorry this happened to you but your soap is still beautiful and I'll certainly be cautious about the raspberry when I use it.
:lol: I guess it depends who you talk to. I was told the strawberry morphs to orange, but the raspberry POP mica is stable. Not in my case.

soapbuddy said:
Hazel said:
:lol: I guess it depends who you talk to. I was told the strawberry morphs to orange, but the raspberry POP mica is stable. Not in my case.

http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item ... gory_id=70

yep! that is what it says on their site about strawberry, you are right. I have never had problems with my raspberry before... I have tried a very light amount up to a brrright pink and haven't morphed before with raspberry. Hopefully they can help you out.

My raspberry pop also gave me a two toned look - half peach/half pink. I made mine about 9 months ago. I don't trust it to give me the color I want. :(

(However, people who didn't know how it was supposed to look thought it was really cool that the sides and fronts were 2 different colors :lol: )

heyjude said:
My raspberry pop also gave me a two toned look - half peach/half pink. I made mine about 9 months ago. I don't trust it to give me the color I want. :(

(However, people who didn't know how it was supposed to look thought it was really cool that the sides and fronts were 2 different colors :lol: )
That's weird. Was the peach on the outside and the pink on the inside?

I've had the two toned look like heyjude was talking about. The outside had almost no color but the inside was a prettier pink. I've heard of raspberry pop fading and then returning and also being much better with a gel. I've been using raspberry pop but mixing in a bit of celestial colors with it.

Your mica there is acting a bit more like strawberry pop. They say that strawberry will morph orange and it isn't included in the sampler listed under soap stable.

tasha said:
soapbuddy said:
Hazel said:

http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item ... gory_id=70

yep! that is what it says on their site about strawberry, you are right. I have never had problems with my raspberry before... I have tried a very light amount up to a brrright pink and haven't morphed before with raspberry. Hopefully they can help you out.

I guess I looked at the wrong info. I was looking at the Strawberry Pop page ( http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=493) and clicked "More Details". The additional info window opens and it says "Use in Soap: Stable and Non-bleeding". I should have read the sampler page. Why would they have contradictory info about Strawberry mica? Also, I'm glad I haven't used it yet. I would have been terribly disappointed.

Yes, Soapbuddy, just what Holly said. I have a picture but it only shows the inside raspberry color and not the peach outside color. I'd take another picture, but I just used the last bar. :D

Back