Quick Lotion Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:smallshrug:First off, be careful what you wish for, and keep in mind I am still at the parents trying to get ready for the 2 weekend craft fair. So I am not spending a lot of time thinking of anything other than how I am going to get everything done.

Now for the question, is there any reason I cannot add some dimethicone in the uber thick lotion I made last night? Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone go in during cool down, so this is a long cool down? My preservative system is fine and it will not affect it. I wanted a thick lotion and I certainly got it, but would consider it a butter

The only draw back I can come up with is it might loosen the texture a little but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe try it with 3 or 4 oz at first, see what comes of it.

I don't think it would hurt as long as you have enough preservative (which you said you already have in place).
Maybe try it on a small portion to see if you like the results?

Thanks all, I decided to leave it as it. It really is a nice body butter more than a lotion with 6% coco butter and 4% macadamia butter
ETA: I did take 2 oz and added in 1 % dimethicone which seems fine. I use two preservatives together at max so it would be fine to add in 1%

Latest posts

Back