Ground chia or flax to thicken and exfoliate

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcknight86

Reaction score
I have tried several natural ways to thicken my liquid soap. Sone work better than others depending on the essential oils I am using for fragrance. Has anyone tried adding ground chia or flax seed to their warm water during the dilution phase? I use flax and chia seeds to make a curl defining cream for my hair and it gets pretty thick when it cools. If anyone has tried it I would love to know how it affected the texture of the liquid soap and/or lather. Looking for info specifically concerning chia gel and flax gel. Thanks for the feedback

Looking for info specifically concerning chia gel and flax gel.
If you put "food" in your diution water you will have nasties growing in about 3 days.

My FLAXSEED & ROSIN LIQUID SHAMPOO needs no thickener. The viscosity is similar to regular shampoo.

There are many ways to thicken LS but I haven't found one yet that worked well for me. I haven't tried liquid crothix, but that might be worth trying. The best solution is to find a formula that works for you that doesn't require thickening. This link has advice about thickeners:

http://alaiynab.blogspot.com/search/label/tutorial

Latest posts

Back