Question:

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlaborn

Reaction score
Im making lotion candles and Im trying to find a scent that when you burn it, it has a strong aroma of the fragrance I used, the candle I made has about 1/2 oz of patchouli and ylang ylang EOs and when I made it, it was strong but when I burned it, It didn't have that same strong aroma. I got my EOs from Bramble berry. Can anyone help me?

Sorry no help. But please let us know what you find out :lol: :lol: [/quote]

some EOs do well in candles, others don't. they are not "designed" so you have to find those that work. FOs, on the other hand, can be designed to work well in candles so maybe you want to try some from a good candle supply company like Peak Candle.

Some fragrances are not meant to be burned. If you choose a fragrance that works great in candles, it might not be skin safe. The only way to know how the fragrance works in this media is to test each one.

If you look at peak, they have a bath and body safe section of fos, then candles fos, no need to test, they've aready done that.

Well, in theory no need to test - but the choice of wax impacts what FOs work well. Not all candle FOs work in soy wax, for example - or even in every blend.

Plus, of course, even with the best FO for candles and for your wax, you must optimize the wicking...

Back