Question regarding vanilla discolouration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapprentice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question regarding vanilla. Suppose if we separate the batter into two and added 2 separate FOs one being vanilla and used them in the same soap, does vanillin discolour the part with no vanilla too?

Nope, only the part you add it to. You can do some swirls with uncolored batter or other colors. Gold is a nice shade to put against that brown. If you want to be certain of a good brown, though, use a colorant for it. Cocoa makes a nice brown.

Nope, only the part you add it to. You can do some swirls with uncolored batter or other colors. Gold is a nice shade to put against that brown. If you want to be certain of a good brown, though, use a colorant for it. Cocoa makes a nice brown.

I had wanted to implement something like that for last months challenge but I've been too busy as of late.

In my opinion, it depends. I've had discoloring fragrances bleed. Not sure exactly which circumstances led to that. I'm guessing water content, temp, and the fragrance itself but if you figure it out, please tell. It's worth trying tho!

Ah! Thank-you. I forget sometimes that the FO will add another influence that the diluted extract of vanilla doesn't have when it comes to bleeding colours.

Yup - Susie is right. It will only discolor the part you use the fragrance with vanilln in.

Latest posts

Back