Question for the MALE Soapers/Users

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my hubby likes "black canyon"(peak), hugo, black, irish spring-dup.

WD40, Sweat, Beer, and that certain melange of sweat, dazzle dust, cheap perfume and heavy foundation that I like to call "eau d' exotique"

:)

But seriously,

Vanilla, cinnamon, patchouli, sandlewood, cedarwood, clove, cocoa butter, citrus (all of them). Most of the spices are good. Flower scents are good as a background but not when they are overpowering. If you have to sniff it a few times to say, oh yeah, that is a lavender... Then it is background. If you go "**** that smells just like a gardenia... " then it is not background. Hard to explain.

I have a weak sense of smell but I like clove, anise, fennel. All simple but strong, single scents.

Of my own soaps, I usually use unscented, just because it's cheaper and I dont' smell it much anyway :D

Perhaps someone has tried
Wormwood
Anise
Fennel

with or without

Calamus
Star anise
Hyssop
Angelica
Coriander

(sorry if it is obscure, but the first 3 are the 3 traditional herbs in Absinthe, and the others are the secondary ones.)

Now if only I could only figure out what is in Chartreuse, that would smell fabulous as a soap

This is a good question because there are many soaping scents that I like, but don’t necessarily want to wash with. Honey is an example that comes to mind. I love the scent of a honey soap, with its caramelized nutty sweetness and subtle floral notes, but for some reason I just don’t want to wash with it.

The woodsy scents are my favorites: cedar, pine, fir tree, juniper. Next would probably be citrus, particularly orange, and dark berries. The next tier would include the scents I enjoy when used subtly or in the background: vanilla, sandalwood, herbal, and nutty scents.

Although I like rosemary, cinnamon, and mint scents, I prefer them more as kitchen soaps then shower soaps.

My favorite blends that I have used recently are: Juniper/sage, bayberry/pine, orange/sandalwood, and OMH & almond.

I love lavendar... Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lemon ***************, Coconut-lime, Grapefruit (mmmm), patch is good too...Rosemary is awwwwwwwwwesome... Spearmint/peppermint or anything similar... anything that smells like the original Bay Rum stuff.....

uhhh lets see what else... I cant stand the smell of monkey farts...i think it smells like puke...

Im sure Im missing some lol

Of the ones that I've made and liked the most, they're usually either spicy or musky. Black amber musk, dragon's blood, four thieves variations, tea tree, mint, are in there. I really like the redwood and cedar that I made a while ago.

One that I really liked, and most others did too, was old fashioned sugar cookie.

Jamie

polarbearforge said:
Of the ones that I've made and liked the most, they're usually either spicy or musky. Black amber musk, dragon's blood, four thieves variations, tea tree, mint, are in there. I really like the redwood and cedar that I made a while ago.

One that I really liked, and most others did too, was old fashioned sugar cookie.

Jamie

omg i swear id wash with a sugar cookie soap everyday..Id of course have to explain to my girl why there was teeth marks in the soap...... (id of course blame it on mice or something lol)...

I loooooooooove a good cookie lol

My husband and my male friends all love Daystar's Paradise since it smells sorta like Mountain Dew.

DH & my brother love a pinon/cedar w/oatmeal. One friend (male) loves the lavender, and I sold a bar to a man in Lowes yesterday-lavnder too. I sold a gardeners soap to another fellow that was citrus. I guess it just depends on the guy.

My husband LOVES Neroli EO, but it is incredibly expensive. I think I will try Neroli FO from Brambleberry next time. Basically, most guys I have asked prefer citrusy scents.

I wish I could chime in with a few good scents that my bloke likes, but he's a bit of a soap slut 'cause he'll use anything! Whenever I ask him what he thinks of a new scent I get "yeah, that smells nice" ..to everything. :roll:

If I put a fart scented soap in the shower he'd use it! Bah.. :lol:

Personally, I like no scent at all, or a faint scent like honey or goatmilk in a soap. I have sensitive skin allergies and a sensitive nose, so no/little scent just suits me better. Then again, I use unscented everything and never wear cologne.

Latest posts

Back