Question about sea clays

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maythorn

Reaction score
I like the colors of dead sea clay or regular sea clay but do they make your soap smell seaweedy? I want to use some in a batch that won't be scented with any kind of sea scent.

I make a soap with dead sea clay. It imparts no odor to the soap and I do not scent this soap either. It does, however, give a soft grey tinge to the soap. I make this soap for myself and find it very easy on my dry, mature skin. Often, I will even wash my face with it instead of using my fancy cleanser. My clay comes from NDA and is like a paste. I keep it in the fridge.

Thank you! That's good to know. :D I've never seen the grey kind, but I would like to try it. I've gotten sea clay from Rainbow Meadows in the past and I think what OT carries is the same thing but it says on that site that it's Dead Sea clay.

i've never had an odor issue with dead sea clay. i love to use it in salt bars with activated charcoal and tea tree oil. hey, if it's gonna be gray, i might as well make it REALLY gray :)

dead sea mud is a little exofiliating because these are sand molecules really
the soap is amazinglly theraputic and many people like it alot
also I would not recommed HPing it EVER, it was a horrible expirience for me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow, grey bars! Very cool. I bet those are really sellers. I feel like a dunce for not knowing there was clay and then there's mud, which is completely different.

Back