Question about Plumeria Fragrance Oil in CP.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry S

Reaction score
I have decided to purchase some fragrances from Peakcandles.com. One of the fragrances that I want to purchase is Plumeria Fragrance Oil. After reading the reviews on this fragrance most use the fragrance with HP and one person mentioned not to use it with CP.

Has anyone used the Plumeria fragrance from Peakcandles in CP soaping? I’ve never done HP but I think I’ll try a batch, but would still like to know about using Plumeria in CP.
Jerry S

I recently worked with Plumeria, actually added some to lavender FO as I did not have enough lavender for my batch so I figured it may be a nice blend. Well...... not only did it accelerate my batch it is now causing my deep lavender colored soap to have a brownish tint to it. I am very unhappy with the results! It was the CP method however the Plumeria was not from PeakCandles. Next time I will HP it! I hope you have better luck if you decide to CP it.

HP is easy. I just make my regular CP batch and bring it to a very heavy trace, basically what would be known in CP as seized soap. I then plop it into a good sized porcelain pot (that has no chips), cook it in the oven at 170 degrees for about 1 hour. I stir it on the half hour. Once it looks like applesauce I take it out of the oven and add about a 1-2 tbsp of heavy cream depending on the size of he batch. I let it cool for about 20 minutes, add fragrance oil and color and plop in my mold. I enjoy making both processes. Hope this helps!! If you go onto th dish forum, sylst has a great tutorial on HP soap making. Good-luck

Back