Pureed Tomatoes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittywings

Reaction score
Do they impart any scent to the soap at all? Does the color come through in cp, or does it morph a bit?

No scent; as most/all veggies.
Used mine together with some fresh pureed red carrots like these:

When cooked, they give the water a beautiful red/purple color.
I used equal parts red carrot and tomato; and my soap became a deep orange.
Does wonders for my acne prone skin.

92835695_901db379c3.jpg

I used tomatos in an attempt to boost the organge color from red palm, I believe is was the puree tomato (cannned) that gave me a dark dirty orange vs the light orange of td and red palm.

dagmar88 said:
No scent; as most/all veggies.
Used mine together with some fresh pureed red carrots like these:
92835695_901db379c3.jpg

When cooked, they give the water a beautiful red/purple color.
I used equal parts red carrot and tomato; and my soap became a deep orange.
Does wonders for my acne prone skin.

how did you make that gorgeous soap, Dagmar? You have a deeper color on the outside and these nice texture things - almost like a birch tree - on the surface.. wow- gorgeous!!

By itself, the pureed tomatoes lend a beautiful gold with a tinge of orange to the soap. It's a really nice color and that make the soap special. :)

Do you have to add preservatives if putting fruit and veg in your soap? Will it not go mouldy eventually?

I do not use any preservatives in soap. My tomato carrot soap is holding up beautifuly, even though I put a little to much in it.

when you add pureed vegetables to soap, do you replace some of the water with the puree or do you add the puree as an addition to the soap batter?
thanks

Back