Pumpkin Seed Oil Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chopped up, cooked with onions and cream, served with rice - lovely. Or as a soup - also really good.

But anyway - it's moulded up! Was so strange, such an odd consistency with the SL. It has gone back to a lovely green colour with the SF pumpkin seed oil mixed it. It's dark now, so the colour doesn't really show on pictures - I'll get some cut shots tomorrow and post them up.

It also has a wee whiff of the oil, too - a little bit nutty. Hope it keeps for a while, as I don't think any FO can get it (but if you know of one, please let me know!)

ha, i was quite surprised myself when i 1st used SL with hp. i think you'll end up with a pretty smooth soap at the end. i'm not really a fan of rustic soaps, so SL really really helps :)

I cut the pumpkins in half (save the seeds for roasting in olive oil and tamari), then place the halves cut-side down in a shallow baking pan in about an inch deep of water. Bake at 250 until they're very fork tender, maybe an hour , maybe longer depending on size. I scoop the flesh out into a bowl, and mash well with a potato masher, or throw it in the blender with my desired milk to puree. Then I pre-measure enough for batches of soap, and scoop into small freezer bags. Easy peasy, when I want some for a batch I just thaw a bag :)

I've only used canned pumpkin, but it gives a bright orange. It was more tan/brownish in the raw batter but the finished soap has always come very orange. I'd also like to do a puree and pumpkin seed oil soap, but the seed oil is so expensive! I have a bunch of pumpkin I froze in ice cube trays ready for soap. Right now I've got greek yogurt, pumpkin, avocado, and cucumber cubes in small bags that are all in one giant bag in the freezer ready to weigh out for soap.

Latest posts

Back