Printmaster for Avery Labels???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcatblum

Reaction score
I always see people posting questions about the best software for labels, but I am not sure that anyone has ever said if printmaster will work for ALL label sizes.

I have used Avery's online label design & prefer that over downloading templates. However, I would like to design avery style labels without needing to be connecting to the internet.
Will Printmaster do all Avery label sizes? I was looking at verson 18.1 since it seems to have better reviews than other versions on Amazon.

I would like a program that is easy to use (can you say dummy proof) & will allow all label sizes, any other suggestions?

~~I have considered photoshop, but honestly I don't want anything that complicated.

Maybe we need a label sticky, different reviews on software, where to buy labels or have printed.

I have used printmaster with Avery labels and I will say most of the time I do not have any problems. If there is an odd size, there is a way to adjust the size of the template. Honestly its not hard to do. Im not very good on computers and I could never master photoshop.

I will always use printmaster.

Good to hear samirish! I use mostly "common" size labels, the oddest ones are prob for lipbalm tubes.
I have a CRAZY expensive software for my embroidery machine (4D professional for Viking machines). I bought an entire DVD series for lessons on how to work it. Think there are over 20 hours of classes. Would not be able to use a fraction of the features without those DVDs, not interested in another program that requires that much effort!

We have printshop V.23 & it only has a few labels on it, I am going to order printmaster & hopefully between the 2 programs I will find something I like. If not I will be forced to educate myself on photoshop, or make one of my teenagers create my labels.

avery labels

Thank you, i was looking to buy a program this morning, as the avery website, not only crashed this week, but lost all 183 saved label projects. Since I have to start over, I guess I will be purchasing print master

I use print master to make bands around my soap. After you play around with it a while it works great. No labels required.

Thank you, i was looking to buy a program this morning, as the avery website, not only crashed this week, but lost all 183 saved label projects. Since I have to start over, I guess I will be purchasing print master

oh good grief! sorry to hear that:mad:

I've been using Printshop Deluxe forever and absolutely love it. It has pretty much every label I've ever needed.

I didn't even know PrintMaster and PrintShop were still going. I had those for my Commodore 64 in the 80s. Whoa.

For my labels, I've been designing in InkScape (a vector graphics program) and then laying out the label w/ my word processor (LibreOffice).

I use the downloadable Avery DesignPro 5, free download, that seems to have all the Avery labels, or most of them, and it's pretty easy to use. Depending on what style I are doing, sometimes I just use tables in Word and then cut the strips with a paper cutter.

Back