prices at new directions, do they have good quality?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I just ordered soap boxes at this company and recieved a free catalog, very suprised at the eo prices, has anyone shopped here are they good?

I get my EOs there. Good quality in my experience, but I"m not an EO expert. I do not like their FOs though.

They carry Stephenson's MP soap which is one of the top quality bases.

have you tried their lemograss, how much do you use per lb?
Im very happy with peaks fos, thanks for the heads up though.

so, i use 2 bottles of eo per batch, that would be really strong, last lemongrass i used 1/2 a 15ml bottle and it was good.

I use some of their EO's and am very impressed. Lavender 40/42 is good and so is the Lemon 5 Fold.

Like a PP said, their FO's are kinda iffy. I have come across a LOT I don't like and only a few I do. I've ordered about 30 of their FO's now and have only liked maybe 5?

There's 29.54 ml in an oz. I use a graduated cylinder and measure my eo's and fo's by mls. I work with chemicals so it seems like a natural way. Also, it's pretty easy because if you are using eo's at .5 oz. ppo, you will get close enough for government work by using 1 ml. per oz. oil. So, 100 oz. oil = 100 ml. eo. easy squeezy.

Back