Post you ugly soap pics here - Troubleshooting thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, don't bin it, try the confetti thing first. You might think it is awful, but it is worth a try and a chance to check out something new. The one I confetti'd was a hideous ombre, messed up the colors and layers, the layers were separating, it was an ugly mess, much better in confetti. I will post the before/after pics here - they will be awful, I am terrible at that, but hopefully it will nudge you to try.

OK, I totally suck at this. Tried a bunch of times to reload the pic the right way up and load the "before" pic, failed at both. I give up, sorry for making you nauseated by having to look at the darn thing sideways. Just imagine a hideous ombre for the other.

after confetti.jpg

Last edited:
That's really beautiful - reminds me not those delicate China plates ☺ I'll keep it for another week maybe it will harden, then see what happens

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1435943232.367278.jpg

I don't even know what happened here or what I could name this soap to make it seem acceptable that the soap has freckles.. Or measles.

The scent is a mix of coconut and tropical scent samples I'd collected. It smells sweet and sorta foodie. Oddly enough it smells like bananas, but not enough so that I'd call it banana bread. I still don't know what caused the spots. I'm thinking maybe one of the scents had crystallized.

View attachment 14839

I don't even know what happened here or what I could name this soap to make it seem acceptable that the soap has freckles.. Or measles.

Sometimes the goodness of soap isn't base on looks but base on what you feel in your skin. There's a lot of beautiful looking soap but when you use it makes your skin itchy and dry. I love the look

Ugly doesn't even come close.

Blue colorant clearly failed. I dumped it in my bar mold. I then thought to myself "perhaps if I drip some mica on the top I can swirl it and save it". Needless to say, that also failed. I didn't even save this for rebatch.

20150703_172622.jpg

Last edited:
This ones from around 2 years ago and no idea why I still have it. This is after being steamed an the whole bar being shaved.. It weeped dark brown all over.
It's still insane ugly but smells ok.. Blueberry crumble..but holy heck it has a lot of vanilla in it with all the brown I got. Used a stabilizer that clearly didn't work.

image.jpg

I gotta say, y'all got some high standards. These last few (and many previous) are prettier than soaps I consider my beauties. This thread is as much an inspiration to me as the photo thread.

Not sure if those replies were for mine but if so..
Up close it's yuk. Ha.
The peacock swirl turned out nice with 2-3 colors
I look to have used, but the brown is just blah over it. Looks like dirt. Haha

I've had discolor that came back after cure, did you keep it around long enough to see?

No, I tossed it. It was a small test batch and I don't have much storage room. Had I not put the mica on top, I might have kept for rebatch, but that was the deal breaker.

@TVivian- That is a really cool looking soap. I would have no Idea that is was accedental.

Latest posts

Back