popsicle soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I've been asked to do some popsicle soaps for a colleague's retro-themed birthday party.

THe problem is getting the darn things out of the mold. Freezing has not helped. Should I lubricate the mold beforehand? With what?

I tried warming the molds in water, but wound up with melted soap.

Help.

I have found the best way is to feeze it. Then lay the mold in it's side, hold a hot hair dryer to the base of the mold while puliing on the stick, when it reaches just the right temp it will pop right out of the mold, depending on how firm you are pulling on the stick it might fly right out of your hand & sail across the room :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Oh...okay. Let me give that a try....minus the popsicle flying across the room...........

I need a few more of the 10-bar popsicle molds with the metal cover.....

Any idea who sells those?

I got mine at a home shop, maybe bed bath & beyond or linens & things, I don't remember. The ones from the dollar store work just as well though. Maybe try target.

Hey Tab,

The blow dryer worked great1

I had some really happy kids! And orders for some of the popsicle soaps for another birthday party in two weeks.....

Great, it only took me 7 years to figure out that hair dryer tip :? .

Latest posts

Back