Polka Dot Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whenever I cut my batch of soap, I always have enough soap scraps to make small balls. With those balls, I make polka dots Soap :razz:! These are one of soaps my family and I gift to elderly apartment on Christmas day.

IMG_8042.JPG

IMG_8044.JPG

IMG_8049.JPG

IMG_8051.JPG

Last edited:
What a fantastic looking effect, it's great! I can 't wait to try it myself but have never made soap balls. Do you just squeeze the scraps into balls or is there a special technique you wouldn't mind sharing?

Wow, those are great! I love the wispy swirls you have in there. I have something like that planned for my Crystal Lite containers, but I don't have enough balls yet. Hmmmm......that didn't sound right. :shock: lol Oh well, if mine come out half as good as yours, I'll be thrilled. Nice job!

Wow, now that is amazing looking soap :D I can only hope my own soap will turn out as awesome when I can finally make some with the right stuff! LOL Way to go! I would buy that right up if I had seen it in the stores.

I think this is awesome! I only recently have begun working with colors so I think I am going to start saving up little embeds like this! Thanks for the idea!

What a fantastic looking effect, it's great! I can 't wait to try it myself but have never made soap balls. Do you just squeeze the scraps into balls or is there a special technique you wouldn't mind sharing?

Hi Rowan, there is no special technique :smile:. When soap is out of the mold, it's usually soft enough to make balls. Just take a little bit of the soap scraps, squeeze and hand roll it into a ball shape. That's all! The more colors you use in soap, the more interesting marbled balls you will get.

Wow, those are great! I love the wispy swirls you have in there. I have something like that planned for my Crystal Lite containers, but I don't have enough balls yet. Hmmmm......that didn't sound right. :shock: lol Oh well, if mine come out half as good as yours, I'll be thrilled. Nice job!

Thanks Navigator!

I think this is awesome! I only recently have begun working with colors so I think I am going to start saving up little embeds like this! Thanks for the idea!

You are welcome! Whenever I make CP soaps, I make all the soap scraps into balls. Last year, I made over 16 lbs of polka dot soaps through out the year.

Your soap is beautiful and very unique! To me your soap looks "zodiac" or pertaining to astronomy. I see planets, swirls, etc... this soap is great for the imagination. Love it!

its good that even the scraps can be a thing of beauty :)
Your soap has turned out very beautiful.
What scent did you use, or did you just let the balls do the scenting?

Hi Rowan, there is no special technique :smile:. When soap is out of the mold, it's usually soft enough to make balls. Just take a little bit of the soap scraps, squeeze and hand roll it into a ball shape. That's all! The more colors you use in soap, the more interesting marbled balls you will get.

Thanks so much. I can't wait to try this with my scraps now!

I just unmolded some small round soaps from a eucalyptus, litsea, and patchouli soap I made and they ended up super sticky soft so I took the messed up ones and totally made little green and yellow balls! Thank you for such a great idea!

what an awesome idea to gift them to the elderly at Christmas time. Very sweet thought!

Back