Please Help, I'm starting to hate HP and I don't want to

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too bring my soap to trace before I put in the oven..But I have had recipes that puff in 10 min.n others I'v had to raise the oven temp..I'v gone from 180 to 220... :lol:

Well I've done 5 batches so far in the oven, one had to move to stovetop, one didn't make it (may it rest in peace) and 2 that made it in the oven for the duration but took about 3 hrs each on 175, I'm going to make more today and put the oven up to around 200 and see if that speeds things along:)

TheSoapyEwe said:
Well I've done 5 batches so far in the oven, one had to move to stovetop, one didn't make it (may it rest in peace) and 2 that made it in the oven for the duration but took about 3 hrs each on 175, I'm going to make more today and put the oven up to around 200 and see if that speeds things along:)

Good luck! Do you have a oven thermometer that you can put in your oven to check the temp of the oven? Mine is a metal one that just sits on the rack or hooks on the rack, probably from Target. It's good to see if your oven is at the right temp. Luckily mine is. Who knows, maybe your oven runs cold.

Milla-My stove is new so I assumed it would be right on but you never know so I will pic up a thermometer just to make sure:)

Honor-I am going to pic up a crock pot as soon as I can that will be dedicated to soapmaking.

I'm trying to get ready for fall shows, I regulary do our local farmers market and sell at a flea market on the counter for impulse buyers:) and I sell to friends and family so I think that it would be nice to have one batch in the oven and the other in a crock, it sure would make my days go quicker:)

Thanks for the tips!

Latest posts

Back