Photos of my first soap ever!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ives

Reaction score
I got so much help from people here and someone asked me to post photos, so here they are right out of the mold. I don't know why there is white stuff on the top of it.

It's been 3 weeks now, can I use it?? My tongue doesn't get zapped when I touch it to the soap and it tastes like soap! They're really shampoo bars. Coconut oil. olive pomace oil, and castor oil. I think I did 7% superfat.

DSC03029.jpg

DSC03030.jpg

Congrats on your first batch and welcome to the addiction!

The white on top is ash and is only aesthetic. It forms when soap is exposed to air when it's setting up in the mold. Some people lay plastic wrap on the soap while it's setting up to prevent it. If you do a search for ash on here, you'll see other discussions and suggestions.

Yes, you can use them if there are no zaps. Keep in mind that the bars will last longer if they are allowed to cure longer. I usually try one after a week or so, just because the curiosity is killing me, but my 2 and 3 month-old bars are really fantastic and last a whole lot longer in the shower.

beautiful soap

they just ash, next time cover your mold using plastic warp to prevent ash

for now just spray alcohol and rub it or trim it

first bars....

Hey, those first bars you made look great...I probably couldn't wait either to use some of it. I don't think it would hurt to use one as hand soap since you zap tested it. I'd let the other bars cure another 2 to 3 weeks though...
Great job...
Jerry s

Latest posts

Back