Peppermint Orange?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryGardenGirl

Reaction score
After suggestions from this forum, I made a batch of Orange Lavender (EOs) and its marvelous!!!

Has anyone ever tried Peppermint-Orange 15x? If not, with your experiences, would it even turn out okay?

I researched that combo on Etsy and a few people have used that combination but added Bergamot or Cinnamon (which I don't have). And that essential oil blending site recommended using lavender with peppermint and orange.

I've never used it but peppermint and orange sounds good to me. It makes me think of Christmas.

Sorry I can't help but I'd love to hear how it turns out. :D

It does sound good. I wish I had some orange, I'd try it. Let us know if you try it!

I shy away from citrus EOs because of the alleged photosensitivty...sounds nummy though!

Bukawww said:
I shy away from citrus EOs because of the alleged photosensitivty...sounds nummy though!

Photosensitivity may be an issue with leave on products, but soap is wash off. There is very little, if any, EO left on the skin.

I use Peppermint/Orange/Litsea in a cornmeal scrubby soap. I like it. Smells clean. Let us know what you think.

MagiaDellaLuna said:
Bukawww said:

Photosensitivity may be an issue with leave on products, but soap is wash off. There is very little, if any, EO left on the skin.

I agree with MDL, and have personally been in the sun with orange and lemon on my skin neat with no problem. The only one that did cause a dark patch was bergamot and it doesn't burn it just discolors the skin. I like to use bergamot as perfume and forgot that it was on one day and went to the stupid tanning salon (was getting cute for my wedding, otherwise I don't use tanning salons). It took almost a month for the brown splotches to fade, but they did in time for the wedding. So citrus on the skin might look funny but isn't that big of a deal. I have pale Irish skin so it was probably worse for me than others. Also, there is absolutely no way the photo sensative properties would make it through the soapmaking process. EOs are delicate, especially the citrus ones as anyone who has been disappointed by them fading completely in soap knows.

tea tree n swt orange

I use tea tree and sweet orange eo for my deodorants and laundry soap and i absolutely love it. It has a citrusy somewhat medicinal smell but in a good way. Its very refreshing. I know tea tree and peppermint arent the same but its close enough as far as mixing something minty with orange.

Back