Peppermint cocoa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cut my soap tonight. I sound like a broken record but the satisfying 'thwok' from my new cutter is a simple pleasure. I know saponification eats the cocoa powder but I swear this smells like chocolate and peppermint!! I had teeny tiny pieces of an EPIC FAIL soap that I cut into 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/4" squares that are pink and put one in each bar. I'm super psyched that recipients that get a brown bar will use it and slowly discover....wait for it...a surprise splash of color! And the photos don't show off the fun snowflake mica on top. When oh when will @KiwiMoose come to Minnesota, U.S. to take my photos?!

Attachments

• 20201005_222043.jpg
    20201005_222043.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20201005_223434.jpg
    20201005_223434.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20201005_223409.jpg
    20201005_223409.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20201005_223358.jpg
    20201005_223358.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 47
Soap I made with cocoa powder retained the scent for a long time as well. I'm not sure how long it actually lasted, though, since I don't have anymore of it.

Those a beautiful looking soaps.

I know saponification eats the cocoa powder

I make my Chocolate Espresso Soap with Hershey's Cocoa Powder...in the soap, as a 'mica line' between the brown of the soap and the white topping and then as a sprinkle on top...and it remains.

I make my Chocolate Espresso Soap with Hershey's Cocoa Powder...in the soap, as a 'mica line' between the brown of the soap and the white topping and then as a sprinkle on top...and it remains.
Oops, I meant to type "eats the scent". I like what you do with cocoa -- I may steal that idea!

Oops, I meant to type "eats the scent". I like what you do with cocoa -- I may steal that idea!

You're welcomed to.

My last batch of Chocolate Espresso was the best yet. Really getting the hang of using TD WITHOUT getting those pesky glycerin rivers. It is one of my most popular soaps. I started out putting real coffee beans on them, but nixed that idea when I went to use the soap myself and I'm standing in the shower holding coffee beans in my hands. Decided at that point that I never again use anything that has to be removed before using or anything that is going to make a mess in the shower.

You're welcomed to.

My last batch of Chocolate Espresso was the best yet. Really getting the hang of using TD WITHOUT getting those pesky glycerin rivers. It is one of my most popular soaps. I started out putting real coffee beans on them, but nixed that idea when I went to use the soap myself and I'm standing in the shower holding coffee beans in my hands. Decided at that point that I never again use anything that has to be removed before using or anything that is going to make a mess in the shower.
You're welcomed to.

Lol! Maybe you could have eaten the beans for a little morning pick-me-up? I've avoided "garnishes" but am debating adding a sprinkle of rosemary to a Christmas fir soap.

Rosemary is super sharp worse than scratchy if you prick your finger or other bits with it. I wouldn't if I were you.

I do love rosemary sprigs to add to flavor food, and give it a lovely aroma, but I don't like the sharp pointy tips.

Cut my soap tonight. I sound like a broken record but the satisfying 'thwok' from my new cutter is a simple pleasure. I know saponification eats the cocoa powder but I swear this smells like chocolate and peppermint!! I had teeny tiny pieces of an EPIC FAIL soap that I cut into 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/4" squares that are pink and put one in each bar. I'm super psyched that recipients that get a brown bar will use it and slowly discover....wait for it...a surprise splash of color! And the photos don't show off the fun snowflake mica on top. When oh when will @KiwiMoose come to Minnesota, U.S. to take my photos?!
I love that idea of the color inside! I have made a coffee bar with cinnamon, scented with peppermint - that comes out smelling just like an after eight mint - they're good for dirty greasy smelly farm hands!!

Back