pencil line soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex1982

Reaction score
Made my first pencil line soap. Not sure I like it. Husband hates it. :( not sure why the pic is upside down sorry

Oh no the pic is upside down :(

1403581101634.jpg

Upside down or not, what's not to like? Looks like a well done pencil line to me! Maybe you'd prefer a little color on one side of the line?

I agree with the color on one side, maybe a pastel so the pencil line is still prominent but...way to go! I also agree "what's not to like?" I know what timing it took to get the trace just right so the dark line came through. Excellent looking soap! :clap:

I'm not sure. I imagined it looking more rustic or something but it's pretty modern. I thought it might look foresty, like a branch in the soap. I didn’t want just a plain green soap but all my others are sort of chunky/rustic and this one doesn't seem to match I guess.

If you want something more rustic, next time texture the bottom layer before you make your pencil line. That will make it crooked and a bit more interesting.
Here is one of my pencil line soaps, made with gold and white mica.
8zqonq.jpg

That's awesome! ! I think I will try the texture thing and maybe 2 colors, but I will have to work fast :)
Thank you for the compliments ladies :)

Back