Peak Sampler Pack sale!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I soaped with Peak's Med Fig last night. I mixed it 1:1 with BB's Sensuous Sandalwood- smelled great in the bowl. It traced pretty quickly and I thought it might separate; it started looking a little grainy so I poured it as quickly as I could and hoped for the best. It didn't separate but the top had a weird graininess today. The inside doesn't look as smooth as usual (the colors have a non-uniform look about them), but it stayed together and feels smooth. I have to say, the smell when I cut it was unpleasant- like the inside of bowling shoes with an overtone of hair salon, but as it's airing out, it's getting better and the top smelled great. No discoloration. I'll be eager to hear what people are experiencing with Med Fig and the other fragrances. I have a lot to go through as well. So exciting!

loveit
brow sug fid, dis to med tan
honey- no
breakfast at tiff- dk brown
mulb-no
coc lime-no

clean cotton, my best seller today, and black canyon.

Thank you newbie and Kim! Knew ya'd come threw with the reviews!!Yes clean cotton is a fav! Good to hear about black canyon! :)

Here's a picture of the bar I made with Med Fig + Sandalwood. I hope it's large enough that you can see what I meant about the colors not being uniform. The blue is pretty mottled and I think, but I'm not certain, that it's from the graininess I got before the pour. I think I mixed it in well enough that it shouldn't be so, well, grainy, but who's to say. The non-colored part of the soap has just FO, no TD in it and it has a mottled look too. Overall it's fine, but I was hoping for a smoother look overall. It is smelling better and better.

http://yfrog.com/2rimg2185vj

Heya Newbie - Lovely colors. Make a new thread in CP area and ask there - you may get it figured out. Looks fine to me and the colors are very pretty :)

Well, I can never wait long. I cut the Black canyon and here are some pics of the colors I've gotten so far. It was supposed to be light-medium gray with white and black swirls. Got partial gel- curses! And the color is so far- yuck. Hopefully it will go to some decent color of brown and not khaki.

http://yfrog.com/5rimg2188lj

newbie said:
Have other people found that Black Canyon discolors? Used it last night and the top is a greenish tan. Too early to cut.
I plan on soaping with it this week. Thanks for the heads up, I will leave it tan and just put a hunter green swirl through it. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Black Canyon has been a nasty color each time for me. Greenish tan. Tried charcoal 2 different times with different amounts and still didn't get a black or even a grey. This has been the most powerful discoloration I've experienced so far. For what it's worth DH who loves the scent says who cares what color it is just let it do it's thing. I'm going to try not gelling it next time because it seems like it may be overheating as the top is always darker and funkier.

here is my black canyon
I put it in colored part and small amount in white .. cocoa & charcoal .. 100% coconut
bottom layer done first ... wait hr or so then do 2nd part.. it tried to gel so I stuck it in fridge

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh come on! I feel so ripped off now!!! How did you do that? I got partial gel on my soap but even the non-gelled parts are this awful pea green- brown. Are you magic? What's your take- do you think it's the oils (you said 100% CO) or the temps? Have you used it with other recipes? These and other burning questions.....

Just soaped with Blackberry Sage, and it is a very strong scent. I used .7 PPO and probably could have done .5...whew... but it does smell nice. Absolutely no acceleration and I was able to mess around with the colors for a long time... did three layers of swirls and one on top. Didn't notice any discolor at mixing.
Will update on scent, and color when I cut. Happy Friday :)

pgnlady said:
Just soaped with Blackberry Sage, and it is a very strong scent. I used .7 PPO and probably could have done .5...whew... but it does smell nice. Absolutely no acceleration and I was able to mess around with the colors for a long time... did three layers of swirls and one on top. Didn't notice any discolor at mixing.
Will update on scent, and color when I cut. Happy Friday :)

love b.b. sage!!

newbie said:
Oh come on! I feel so ripped off now!!! How did you do that? I got partial gel on my soap but even the non-gelled parts are this awful pea green- brown. Are you magic? What's your take- do you think it's the oils (you said 100% CO) or the temps? Have you used it with other recipes? These and other burning questions.....

actually soap cooler than normal, because I got a phone call .. oils 86 lye 84

and it STILL wanted to gell --- thats why it went in fridge

Anyone soap Winter Wonderland or Bayberry yet? I'm afraid to use my precious TKB samples on an unknown for fear I'll get bile, like I did with Black Canyon!

Sorry, forgot to say thanks for the tips on the Black Canyon, cwarren. Also, you said you used a smaller amount in the white layer. How much did you use? I have to get my confidence up again before I use my next sample of it.

I am so happy with my peak F.O.'s I would have to say their quality is a million times better than what I have gotten at N.G.
Nag Champa- is to die for, Peak nailed that scent, smells exactly like the incense imo.
Winter Wonderland- anyone care for a stroll in the fir and evergreens?
Black Canyon- the one scents my step father likes and he doesn't say that very much
Birds of Paradise- really fruity not my kind of scent
Brown Sugar & Fig- I want to bath in this scent
White Tea & Ginger- all i can say it is heaven in amber glass
Blackberry Sage- It is nice i wish the sage was played up a bit more
Sage & Lemongrass- mhmmmmm
Paris Twilight(freebie)- The scent is so complex and changes from the first time you sniff it to the end of the sniff, wow I am glad they gave me it.
Tropical Tuber Rose- I don't hate it , i think it smell like a rose at first and then turns medicinal/minty. Like a rose bouquet at a hospital lol
Rose Bouqet- i feel like it is valentines day
Orange blossom- really nice, i wanted to soap with neroli but it is so expensive. Now i have an alternative
asian sandalwood- Another alternative for an expensive E.O. it isn't as good but it is nice to my pocket book
wild mountain honey- I get the honey and some floral hopefully the capsticky smell to it dies if you c.p it.
tuscan nights- I like this one a lot it is woody, musky and green, but my mom kind of ruined it for me, told me it reminds her of a funeral : (.
I can't wait to get them into soap.

Sorry I'm posting so much! But, did a batch of Green Clover and Aloe just now and it accelerated trace quite a bit (and I didn't even discount the water!) in case anyone else is planning their soap. All my fine fancy swirls with my new funky TKB colors- gone. Sigh. Now they're chunky and coarse and not very well-tuned. Crap. On the bright side, no signs of discoloration!

newbie said:
Sorry I'm posting so much! But, did a batch of Green Clover and Aloe just now and it accelerated trace quite a bit (and I didn't even discount the water!) in case anyone else is planning their soap. All my fine fancy swirls with my new funky TKB colors- gone. Sigh. Now they're chunky and coarse and not very well-tuned. Crap. On the bright side, no signs of discoloration!
Don't apologize, this post is a huge help to me because I ordered Green Clover and Aloe. Should be getting it next week. Thanks for the heads up, I will add color before scent and just make a solid light green :)

I soapd with leather yesterday .. and made it with beer YEA ME ( right ? )

NO it's not skin safe --- **** it !!!! what a waste

so pay attn to what your bottle says BEFORE YOU SOAP

Latest posts

Back