Peak Banana Nut Bread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharmon320

Reaction score
This was my "free" sample with my 30 samples I ordered. :) I made an oatmeal, milk, & honey soap but wanted a "little" foody scent. OOB, this was very sweet, soft banana, definitely bakery scent. Only added the 1 oz sample to 43 oz of oil, but smells really good. This one is gelling extremely hot, hoping it doesn't crack. I didn't smell any spicy notes OOB, but now it has a very pleasant spice note.

Slight acceleration, but I soaped a little warm. I'll post an update about discoloration, but I'm expecting it.

Kerrie -

Thanks for posting. This was my free scent, too. I loved the smell but I thought who'd want soap that smells like banana nut bread? I'm interested in hearing back how it turns out for you.

I thought I'd try it in soy melts and my sister suggested it might be a fun scent in incense. I don't know about that but I'm sure it will be great in soy.

LOVE this one. It's not very banana-y. It's extremely delicious and bakery types LOVE it.

But it does cure to a super dark brown.

Carebear- Thanks for the info. I took some pics this morning, but yes it's already darkening up. I'll be bummed if it ends up really dark. I haven't yet "embraced" the brown soaps :) Oh well, it does smell nice with only the faintest hint of banana. I only used the 1oz in 43 oz of oil, so less than 0.4oz/ppo. Just wanted a touch of scent. I'll post some pics in the gallery.

carebear said:
LOVE this one. It's not very banana-y. It's extremely delicious and bakery types LOVE it.

But it does cure to a super dark brown.

a super dark brown? :eek: Interesting..not that I mind of course, just surprised it would go that dark. Mine was a free sample too and I used gm with it...went into gel mode within minutes! I like this one too..mmm!

yup - super dark brown IME.
and if memory serves, it's a heater.

I received this one too as my free sample also. I'm not much on the bakery type scents for soap though. Seems a lot of my customers go for the fruity type scents.

Hazel said:
This was my free scent, too. I loved the smell but I thought who'd want soap that smells like banana nut bread?

This was my free sample as well, and the same exact thought passed through my mind, too. Well, I quickly got an answer to that silent question when my teenage son smelled the FO, practicaly swooned, then begged me to make him a soap with it! So....I guess it looks like I'll be making banana nut bread soap afterall. :lol:

A big thank you to all that posted their experiences soaping it. It's always good to know what I'm in for.

IrishLass :)

funny, we must have all got it for our freebie! I havent made it, daughter(25) said she'd love soap in that smell.

I must say I've been happy with all my freebies so far. I really liked the spiced cranberry.

The soap has darkened slightly, but it's not dark brown yet. It's only slightly darker than my OMH I made previously. It also got really hot, so it's a medium orangy-brown. However, I just smelled it again..no banana scent, only a subtle spice scent. Goes well with the soap.

Back