Quantcast

Single EO scent (fading) test

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

penelopejane

Reaction score
Of course that's why I store in a plastic container and keep only 5 on the shelf so it is fresh for the customer. They will use it, not store on a shelf for 7 months.
The problem I have with my recipes being high olive oil is that the longer they air dry (not in plastic containers) the harder they get. So I want to cure them for ages but that just doesn’t work for EOs. I’ve also seen/smelt lots of soap in shops which have no scent left at all.

You’ve worked out a system which works for EOs and your recipe which is great.

Dawni

Reaction score
Thank you @szaza! Your experiments are always helpful.

I love elemi! Could be just my nose (and maybe my patriotic brain lol) but it blends with with almost everything I've tried it with, even black pepper lol (with others of course). It's a mainstay in a balm I make, too.

You've given me a couple of new ideas to try too.. Maybe buy myself Amyris and Petitgrain :)

szaza

Reaction score
Thank you @szaza! Your experiments are always helpful.

I love elemi! Could be just my nose (and maybe my patriotic brain lol) but it blends with with almost everything I've tried it with, even black pepper lol (with others of course). It's a mainstay in a balm I make, too.

You've given me a couple of new ideas to try too.. Maybe buy myself Amyris and Petitgrain :)
Elemi is a scent that has really grown on me!