Peacock Swirl Fail!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MirandaH

Reaction score
Well, this is my second fail, after the partial gel in the first batch. It was supposed to be a peacock swirl in green, white and two shades of pink, but the thing I used to make the lines was too thick, or it took me too long and the better got too thick. :thumbdown: It came out very different from what I had envisioned while filling all those bottles and making all those stripes, but it might end up pretty. I guess I will see when I cut. It's in the freezer right now.

peacockswirlfail.jpg

Considering I have only done one other thing with color before, I will be happy with it no matter what, as long as it all doesn't morph into one color, lol. With me, you never know!

Is that a log mold? I find that swirl really hard to do in a log. Not much room to work with. It'll still be nice, though.

Yes, it is a log mold. As soon as I put the comb thing in there I knew I was in trouble and at that point, I just said screw it and ran the **** thing through all of it and made a huge mess, lol. :oops:

I think it looks nice. Hardly a "fail".

Thank you. It looks like it might end up being pretty, but I am not getting my hopes up that it won't be a disaster on the inside. I won't be telling anyone how much of a fail this is, but I also can't lie to my fellow soapers...it may not be a total failure, but this is no peacock swirl.

How can you wait?! Come on, just one little slice off the end......

HaHa! It's still super soft. probably shouldn't have even come out of the mold yet. Seems like things went really fast this time. I keep going over and looking at it. As soon as I think I can cut it I will and will post a pic.

Gah! How do you do it? I would totally have whacked an end, even if it squished because I can't tolerate any suspense. You'd better post a pic as soon as you cut it! It may not be a peacock swirl, but it looks like it has good potential, no?

Cut it, cut it, cut it!

JKing

Looks great so far. Looks perfect for Easter with the soft colors. What is the scent?

It is scented with Sweet Pea FO. It smells so good. I don't know how I feel about this batch. I really wanted to get the peacock swirl right, but I don't think I will be trying it again without a slab mold. I will try to take a picture outside later, but it is raining right now. The pictures don't show very well what it looks like and the lighting in my house stinks. But here is what they look like cut. I can see some places where I didn't get the coloring mixed in as well as I thought and there is a dark speck of color here and there but it is very infrequent, from what I can see with the cut. This is certainly not a peacock swirl, but it isn't tremendously ugly either. Not to mention, it seems we are all our own harshest critic. I totally get now why I see a beautiful bar of soap in the pictures section and the person who made it is upset. When you are going for one thing and it turns out totally different it is somewhat disappointing, but I am trying to keep the attitude that I never know what to expect because anything can happen.

peacockswirlfail4.jpg

Here is one with them all flat and taken on my patio.

Also, for a group of people who do something requiring patience, you guys chanting "Cut it! Cut it!" is not helping me with my lack of patience at all, lol!

peacockswirlfail5.jpg

I have zero patience. i'm always poking my soap, touching, prodding, and cutting it too soon. it's almost a good thing I work during the day so my soap has time to rest and set up before I go home and poke it some more. hahaha.

I have zero patience. i'm always poking my soap, touching, prodding, and cutting it too soon. it's almost a good thing I work during the day so my soap has time to rest and set up before I go home and poke it some more. hahaha.

I was the 5 year old who opened their presents at night and rewrapped them by morning because I couldn't wait to see what was under the tree. I am still that five year old in my head. I think the only thing that helps me to not cut too soon is that as long as it is still uncut, it could still look great inside. Once it is cut, then I know if it is a complete failure and I am so worried about complete failure that I don't jump right in right away. :crazy:

Latest posts

Back