Paraben free, phthalate free?? Flavor oil & sweetener ingredient question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
Anything made in a laboratory is fake.
It's hard to stay away from them since people tend to smell every single thing (soaps, lip balms, lotionS) ...sad thing is that if it doesn't smell "good" then people loose interest.
I believe in essential oils and unscented smells. I know is more expensive but is the best for anyone.
I think we have to start thinking

Is very attractive and tempting to have products with awesome smells and fragrancesb (that might sell great) but not good for anyone's health(in the long run). I started investing on essential oils myself.
This is not to criticize anyone ...I'm just sharing my thoughts and converns.

I understand what you are saying but I am allergic to many Essential Oils. My DH is allergic to some EOs. There is no "this is the right way" when fragrances are concerned.
You have to understand that everyone is different and that "natural" doesn't necessarily mean "good" or "best" or "safe".

I had a shocking "aha" moment when studying botany a couple years ago - one that obliterated my guilty feelings for not being vegetarian.
You know how trees and plants clean the air - therefore we should plant more of them? They clean the air all right - because those particle of pollution are stored in the plant! So much for clean eating!

There's also the new revelation from science that plants/veggies produce toxins in response to being cut, torn, eaten; that includes toxins that are harmful to us if in large amounts. Science can't answer the question of how much it takes i.e., eat a bucket of chopped cabbage in a day, or eat if there's an accumulation, i.e., eat half a head of cabbage every day for a year.

Yes and if you are especially intolerant of those substances (like salicylates) you can make yourself extremely sick by eating a “healthy” high vegetable and fruit diet.

Everyone is different.
Vive la différence!

Latest posts

Back