1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Paraben free, phthalate free?? Flavor oil & sweetener ingredient question

Discussion in 'Labels and Packaging' started by JBB, Jan 7, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jun 8, 2018 #21

penelopejane

penelopejane

penelopejane

I understand what you are saying but I am allergic to many Essential Oils. My DH is allergic to some EOs. There is no "this is the right way" when fragrances are concerned.
    You have to understand that everyone is different and that "natural" doesn't necessarily mean "good" or "best" or "safe".

MKLonestar, David1pro, LilyJo and 3 others like this.
  2. Jun 26, 2018 #22

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

I had a shocking "aha" moment when studying botany a couple years ago - one that obliterated my guilty feelings for not being vegetarian.
    You know how trees and plants clean the air - therefore we should plant more of them? They clean the air all right - because those particle of pollution are stored in the plant! So much for clean eating!

There's also the new revelation from science that plants/veggies produce toxins in response to being cut, torn, eaten; that includes toxins that are harmful to us if in large amounts. Science can't answer the question of how much it takes i.e., eat a bucket of chopped cabbage in a day, or eat if there's an accumulation, i.e., eat half a head of cabbage every day for a year.

MKLonestar likes this.
  3. Sep 22, 2018 #23

penelopejane

penelopejane

penelopejane

Yes and if you are especially intolerant of those substances (like salicylates) you can make yourself extremely sick by eating a “healthy” high vegetable and fruit diet.

Everyone is different.
    Vive la différence!