Pandan paste in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

szaza

Reaction score
I've had pandan paste in my freezer for over a year.. bought it for cooking but never used it and now I'm thinking I might as well try it as a natural green colorant in soap, but would like to hear if anyone else has tried already and what the results were. Any tips about how to add it to the soap (at trace, in lye water or as infusion) and usage rate are welcome![emoji6]

I've never heard of but I would test it for color morph before making a whole batch.

Make some lye water at your normal concentrate, only need a couple ounces. Once cooled, add a teaspoon of your paste and see what happens.

Many green botanicals turn brown in lye. I've made some ugly soap looking for natural green.

Thanks for the tip!
2f9bf0025f80243b115e996d3da40503

these pictures look promising and the company claims it's only 4 ingredients all natural soap, so probably no mica's.. hope I can get a similar result (and the color doesn't fade to fast..)

Thats a real pretry green, good luck and post pics.

You can add your paste directly to the oils or at trace. Doesn't matter as long as it gets mixed in well.
I would probably add to oil so you can blend it really well.

Last edited:
Tried it yesterday with some other green colorants added at trace. turns out my paste is more like a juice and the batter separated during gel and lost all its color afterwards... the color at trace is promising though, so I might try later with pandan juice as half my water amount. Though there doesn't seem to be much color left, the soap still faintly smells like pandan.. wouldn't it be awesome if the soap would retain the scent! (I know it's probably not going to happen, but a girl can dream)
For pics:
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/natural-green-colorants-experiment.75277/

Latest posts

Back