Packing Soap in your Carry On??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asia

Reaction score
Hello fellow soapers!
This is the first time that I'll be traveling with my soap bars. I was wondering if any of you have had any issues with bringing your soap with you on the plane? I'll be coming to the US. I'll have about 10 pounds on me and I don't want any surprises!
So what do you all think? Carry on or checked luggage?

I had about a dozen bars of soap in my carry on a few months ago - they did check my suitcase to see what it was. Now, I just take it out and put my container on the belt to avoid slowing down the line.

yes.. they made me take mine out and scan it by itself too.. I went home in aug... have it so you can get it out and put it back..

and I had called ahead too .. just be prepared to get it out

If you are checking luggage anyway, I'd say to definitely do that.
Avoid the hassle! I traveled with 5 huge uncut blocks of soap in a checked bag with no problem at all. :)

re: soap in carry-on

hi asia,

i work at the airport. its best to take the soap and put it in a container if you are going to put it in your carry-on. though i can almost guarantee that if you put
it in your checked luggage it would still be checked (bc its so dense), but even so there would be no hassle for you.

hope this helps.

When I fly to the states I put my soap in a plastic container. I found 2 cheep plastic bread boxes that worked wonderfully. I put it in my check in because I don't want to risk loosing my soap at security!

Latest posts

Back