Packaging Poll

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which packaging do you like?

• Candy style full wrap

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Box/envelope style

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Cloth cigar band

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Cardstock cigar band

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I don't like any of them

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

HorseCreek

Reaction score
Ok guys, I need some help! I am changing my packaging, and have 4 options but can't decide! Well, only 3 of these are new, I added my current design as well, but am not saying which it is so as not to skew the results. Oh, and some of the paper/card stock used may or may not be in the final product. I just used what I had around. These are just mock ups, and obviously the bars aren't OMH, they are Avocado and Sea Clay, lol. :) If anyone has any pros and cons they would like to share on these different options, that would be great too. TIA!

Number 1 - Bar wrapped candy style with cheesecloth/guaze, tied with jute on the ends (not sure if I like the bow or just a knot) with label attached to front and ingredients list on back

Number 2 - "Envelope" or "box" made from cardstock. Label afixed to front, ingredients printed on back

Number 3 - Cigar band made from cheesecloth/guaze with label afixed to front by jute wrap. Label sticker on back listing ingredients

Number 4 - Cigar band from card stock. Brand/scent info on front, ingredients printed on the back

20130820_180109.jpg

20130820_180506.jpg

20130820_180100.jpg

20130820_180618.jpg

I love the rustic chic of number 3. but I like number 1 as well. if it were me I would maybe do a combo of both. ex beer soap in one and regular in another or something like that

Let me see if I can get a sticker made up for the back. Right now, the mock up just has tape holding everything together, lol. Tape will not have a part in the finished product, lol.

I really like 2 & 4. I know it's just me, but I'm not crazy about hemp cord.

I like 3 and 4 for the simplicity. 3 is a little different which makes it more eye-catching, without it overwhelming the soap.

I love the cloth cigar band, it is unique simple and very pretty.

I like number 1. It clearly conveys the 'natural' , 'handmade message'. 4 is nice too.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Hello,

Overall, I like number 4 for simplicity, ease of unwrapping and recycling. It looks as though it would be the cheapest to produce and the easiest to package as well.

I also like number 3, for many of the opposite reasons, as a visual clue of the care and effort involved in producing the soap.

My vote is for 4 though :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Soap Making app.
My blog: http://soapmakingadvice.com

I personally prefer the simplicity of options 2 and 4. looks easier to recycle. If I had to pick one, i'd go with 4. so rustic, simple and classic.

They're all utterly adorable. But as a business, I would pick number 4 for simplicity and cost, but I would make it a bit narrower to show the soap more.

I like no 3 best. So cute! But no 4 for simplicity and cost effectiveness.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I really like 1 for its rustic looks however I think #3 will be a lot easier on you and allows for more uniformity and stackability in your displays.

Sent from Holistic Blends Soap Co. iPhone

I like 2 for its clean appearance, neat appearance. I gave up on cigar bands because they tended to get loose even after a full cure, and they got too beat up in transporting back and forth to shows. If you're planning to do a bunch of shows, I think 2 would serve you the best in terms of wear and tear.

Wow! You are so creative I like them all. #1 would get my vote for best looking but not for selling I think people want to see what they are getting. So then I really like the rough card stock on #2, but I agree that cigar bands (if that is a cigar band, you called it an envelope ) tend to come off. However #3 being cloth may be the best of both worlds and stay on better! I don't sell so my option is from a consumer point of view. Nicely done!

Latest posts

Back