Orca

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone - well I think I'm going to use this one as one of my "signature" soaps. It's swirled in the cold and I can see what I need to change to make it better but I am happy with how it came out this time.... :D

DSCN1318.jpg

OrcaClose-Up2.jpg

OrcaClose-Up3.jpg

Close-upAOrca.jpg

This bottom is the swirl at the back of the soap....

Thanks for looking....

Lindy

Love the shiny bits. it highlights the swirls so well. The orcas are a brilliant idea, I'm sure they'll be a winner.
Beautiful pics Lindy :)

Wow!!! That is gorgeous. I am so jealous. Did you use ocean water with that? That would be cool too. Orca in the ocean.

Thankyou everyone!!!! I was chewing my nails off waiting for these molds to come so I could try this! Tabitha an Orca smells like Tea Tree Oil..... :p

Jody I meant to put in sea water and I forgot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: I am so annoyed with myself... all future Orca's will have the Sea Water...

Voyaguer is ordering the same mold for me and also a starfish mold. I know mine won't look anything like that.

Jody - very cool! Isn't it there that the Mermaid statue is? I notice that Voyageur has that mold too and that would be perfect for you there!

Oh, Lindy - you've done it again! I adore cetaceans - they may even be my power animal guide according to a friend :wink:

Those soaps look amazing and the swirl on the back is incredible. Did you paint mica on top or is that part of what you made the swirl colour with? Either way they rock!!!

Interesting........I have never thought orca smelled like tea tree......you learn something new every day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, tea tree is fresh and energising, so it is perfect!

Tanya :)

Thank you Topcat! I dribbled the Mica mix on the front before adding the soap mixtures and then I added more of the black & mica for the back which I then swirled....next time I need to have something set up to put these in to get gel - and I want to do the Orca's a little differently to try and get closer to some of their colour patterning.....If you are interested in Animal Totems you should find a book called Animal Speak - you'll love it!

Lindy said:
Thank you Topcat! I dribbled the Mica mix on the front before adding the soap mixtures and then I added more of the black & mica for the back which I then swirled....next time I need to have something set up to put these in to get gel - and I want to do the Orca's a little differently to try and get closer to some of their colour patterning.....If you are interested in Animal Totems you should find a book called Animal Speak - you'll love it!

Thanks Linda for the book reference....I will find it :D

You do know that when I come up to help with the swap packages I am going to be coveting an orca soap don't you???

Tanya - I have it and it is a wonderful book - it covers birds, mammals, insects and stuff that is absolutely fascinating!

Jody -
rofl.gif
- you will huh..... :shock:

Back