Orange film around white soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XArielle

Reaction score
Hello!

I just made my first batch of soap, and after unmolding I noticed a light orange layer around the soap and at the bottom. The consistency seems to be similar to the rest of the soap (which is white). Does anyone have any idea why this happened and if the soap is still good to use? Apart from the fact that the soap is not hard enough yet, it looks fine to me.

Thanks.

Yes it is plain, no fragrances, no additives or anything. (The two on the left have cocoa powder swirls, just in case you are wondering what it is, but the other four have nothing added). Tell me if I should take another picture if you don't see what I mean by "orange film".

20141223_175054.jpg

Yup, that's what I got when I used the red silicone molds..I thought it would eventually stop, but it never did, so I ditched those and started using wooden lined molds. Until you can switch molds, you can always line the ones you have with parchment paper or even a plastic grocery bag etc.

Latest posts

Back