Opinions on Recipes for Goat's Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyone80

Reaction score
So I made it over the weekend and while I think the recipe I used is decent I wanted to expand and add butters and different oils to get a more luxurious bar. I found these two recipes on the web and wanted thoughts.
Anything you all suggest changing?

GM Recipe.jpg

GM #2 Recipe.jpg

Both recipes look good - though I'm in the 50+ crowd so I like to keep my cleansing number no higher than 14.

I like recipe 1 best but I would lower the coconut to 20% and make up the rest with OO. As is, its a bit high in cleansing.

Lucky, are you just making for personal use? If so - am happy to share my goat milk recipe if you would like it

Recipe #1 looks great to me. I'm one that likes a high amount of coconut, and so the 28% coconut looks perfect (for me). The only thing I would change is that I would use HO (high oleic) sunflower oil over the regular sunflower oil to reduce the chance of DOS. Oh- and I would also use less water (a 33% lye solution), and I'd superfat it @ 8%. But that's just me.

IrishLass :)

Edited to add- oh if I were using this for goat milk soap, I'd change the 8% superfat that I just mentioned above to 5% instead.

Last edited:
Back