OMG I only wish I'd tried it sooner!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcornett

Reaction score
I've had a bottle of Australian Bamboo Grass that I got from ss months ago, but I've been saving it for spring since it seemed to have a fresh "green" scent. So I finally soaped with it, and it smells HEAVENLY! It's one of those fragrances that sort of "evolve" when you soap with it. I absolutely love it, but I found out now that Paige doesn't carry it anymore...thank goodness I purchased a 16 oz. But eventually I'll have to find a replacement, it's that good.

(the fragrance reminds me of B&B's spearmint eucalyptus...go figure)

I wonder where they got the idea that bamboo smells like spearmint/eucalyptus :? .

Relle.

I don't know, maybe they were just trying to create a green, fresh open you up so you can breath scent...if so they succeeded. :D

Thank you, it is a very refreshing scent. This is one that will probably be hard to wait for, even though I have tons of others ready. :)

Debra-

You've done it again. Your soap is beautiful. Lovely colors, great swirl and textured top. You're really good at this. Maybe we should start calling you Lyn Junior. :lol:

Hazel said:
Debra-

You've done it again. Your soap is beautiful. Lovely colors, great swirl and textured top. You're really good at this. Maybe we should start calling you Lyn Junior. :lol:

LOL! Now that's what I call a compliment :D

rubyslipper-this is an ips, they just look kinda layered if you let them get to thick before pouring into mold. Thanks though, I tried a funnel swirl once and learned that it also has to be poured at a thin trace.

And thanks Amy the scent is great! "I'm lovin it" :lol:

Lyn said:
Lovely soap :0) I have a fragrance here from Natures Garden that is called Australian Bamboo Grass........Smells great...........Is SS short for Southern Soapers?

Sorry, it's from soap supplies. I absolutely love this fragrance, does NG's bamboo smell like it has eucalyptus in it?

busymakinsoap! said:
Beautiful, great swirl!

Thank you! I like how the color turned out too, Soapbuddy. This is one time the color really matches the fragrance. 8)

Wow, that is really pretty! I love the colors.

I made one with spearmint and eucalyptus EOs about 3 weeks ago and really love the scent of it.

Thanks Toni I'm sure this is going to be one of my new favorites! I'm testing a few q-tips in a bag right now to see how this would be with a touch of spearmint, because on it's own it already puts me in the mind of B&B's spearmint eucalyptus. Mmmmm :)

that is really really pretty! and would be a great one to just have on the counters in guest baths. that's awesome!

peechee said:
that is really really pretty! and would be a great one to just have on the counters in guest baths. that's awesome!
Peechee, that's kinda funny because I was at my daughters house a few days ago (she decorates in the primitive, has a shop actually) anyway she had 5 bars oif my soap in her kitchen (not to mention the ones in the bath) a few at the sink and a few in prim soap displays on the walls. These are bars I gave her several months ago, but they go with her decor so good, :roll: I was thinking maybe if I give her one of these, (bright as it is) maybe she'll actually use it. LOL :D

Thanks Amanda & Jenny :wink:

Back