Olive Oil Coconut Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangledFrog

Reaction score
I'm still a complete newbie...have made 4 batches of CP soap that I love, but still searching for the right combination that I LLLLLOVE. I've been lurking in the background here and learning so much from all of you...like starting off simple and gradually making changes and trying new techniques. I've not experimented with colouring yet...I quite like playing with oils and seeing how they naturally come out. Having said that, I am actually dying to experiment with some pigments and ordered some last week!!

Anyhoo...after claiming that I've heeded the advice to start simple, etc., I am about to contradict myself by saying I came across a video on YouTube showing how to make soap at room temp using only Olive oil, frozen coconut milk and NaOH. So, of course, I had to give it a go. Oh. My. God. It looks so creamy and white that I finally feel like I have something I can share!. And, when cutting, I took some edge-bits and rubbed them under water with gloved hands to find lots of bubbles and creamy lather. The only things I added besides the above mentioned ingredients were peppermint EO and a few poppy seeds.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their knowledge! :D
Lynette xx

OliveOilCoconutMilk.JPG

That looks like Lindt chocolate.... :shock: I tested a bar of my coconut milk soap today with my laundry delicates. The latheris beautiful and even after 30mins of handwashing my hands dried soft and not dehydrated at all. I can only anticipate what this soap will be like in 3 weeks.

Looks beautiful....I've been wanting to try and make a white bar...I guess I'll have to head on over to YouTube and see if I can find that video.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Pamela, if you search YouTube for Olive Oil Coconut Milk soap, it should come up. It's by someone with the username "Lenise2Me".

Your soap turned out lovely. I've used buttermilk with 100% olive but never thought of trying coconut milk. I'm not fond of coconut milk in soap but I think I'm going to have to try it with olive. Thanks for sharing! :D

Latest posts

Back