Oil Ooze?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapSap

Reaction score
This is the soap and formula I made two days ago. The mold was removed after 24 hours and I cut it today, 24 hours after removing from mold.

I have used this formula many times without having this happen. I don't know what I might have done wrong. I am thinking could I have had a false trace? Or maybe oils/lye were too hot or too cold? The fragrance is BB Apple Rose. I made an identical batch last week with no adverse issues. I am really stumped on this one. Not every bar seems to have these little oil holes.
IMG_3380.JPG
IMG_3381.JPG

Really pretty soap, what pink did you use?

Did you hand stir in the FO by chance? It could be a spot of FO. I'd smell some of the oily stuff and rub it around on your fingers, see if it rinses off with water.

I think it is the fragrance oil sweating out of the soap. I would just wipe it off. It should be OK after it stands for several days.

Really pretty soap, what pink did you use?

Did you hand stir in the FO by chance? It could be a spot of FO. I'd smell some of the oily stuff and rub it around on your fingers, see if it rinses off with water.

The color is "Hollywood Pink Mica" at Nurture Soap Supplies.

I did hand stir the FO. Now that the FO is mentioned I think it is very possible I did not mix it in well enough.

My soap has been setting now for a few days and the oil I was concerned about has re absorbed as suggested it would. I have learned something new and will not worry about it so much if it happens again.

Also as suggested I stirred the fragrance oil into the oils real well before adding the lye. No doubt in my mind it is stirred thoroughly that way.

Thank you all for your help.

Yes, love this scent. It is the first time I ever used it and I will definitely be using it again. Yesterday I soaped with BB "Ginger Ale". It is fantastic too. Am making more of it today.

Latest posts

Back