Oatmeal Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee242

Reaction score
A friend is coming over and wants to make oatmeal soap with honey.
My question is do I have to add extra moisture to the mix?

I chop my oats up in a coffee grinder but all sprinkle some bigger pieces on top. I don't add anything extra to it either. I add my oats to my oils and stickblend well.

CP soap
She wants to put lemon juice in it also.
When would I put that in or not?

Yes, if you use lemon juice it does react with the lye, but if you want to use it, follow DeeAnna's guidelines here: https://classicbells.com/soap/citricAcid.html

I've used it in soap and in combination with a citrus fragrance, it was nice. I don't think it would be good to add to a soap with milk, though!

I wonder if she watched a particular youtube video (one of the first I watched when I was new) where this lady pours in a huge bottle of lemon juice into her soap. I won't link it, because her methods are not really very precise and she never mentions using a lye calculator. If you want to see it, search Homemade Soap at Marshas on youtube.

I never add extra moisture to mine. I use 1 tbsp. ppo of the flake-type, baby oatmeal in mine (it's the only kind that doesn't scratch me).

Like Dixiedragon, I, too am curious as to why she wants to add lemon juice to it?

IrishLass :)

I love oatmeal soap. I put honey in mine.

oatmeal & honey.jpg

Latest posts

Back