Oat Extract

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...My husband is going to make me a slotted board for the bottom to allow the strings to go through.

Oh, I really think that will help a lot.

....my daughter came over and said "I love it, it'll match my bathroom perfectly!" So at least someone loves it :)

There's a special person for everyone (and every soap)!

I agree, 7 oils is a lot of measuring, I just have all those oils and would like to use them up...

Fair enough -- I've done the same thing too. Sounds like you're as thrifty as I am.

Hi DeeAnna,
I forgot to let you know how the cutter turned out. We had to make some modifications, stiffer wire (we ordered cheese cutting wire) and special bolts on the side so we could tighten the wires. It works beautifully! DH made me a board with "relief" cuts in it so that the wires pass all the way through the soap. I LOVE it! DH is pretty fascinated by it too, he wants to be here whenever I cut soap so he can watch it work. I'm sure the newness will wear off!

Nice! I'm glad it's working well for you. If you have been able to entice DH to get involved (at least for a bit), I'd say your soaping career is safe. :)

Latest posts

Back