Not the way to go..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbtreasures

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have not been on this forum for awhile but I guess I've returned. Over the summer I got very busy with some family matters, etc., but here I am.

I went to a local fair this evening and wandered over to a table set up with mix and pour soaps, creams, and little sachets of dried sea salts. The soaps were moist to the touch, almost like they would melt if you held them in your hand for an extended period of time, and they did not look very nicely done. It reminded me of someone buying a soap making kit at Michael's, and trying to sell the product. The soaps were very small sizes for $3.50, unwrapped and laying in a basket where you could pick them up and handle them if you wanted. I didn't see any labels on anything. I like it when a product makes me feel that I can't wait to get it home to try it out! The asking price for these tiny amounts of dead sea salts were $7.50. There may have been 1/4 cup (maybe). Perhaps prices have really gone up, but the salts seemed very expensive for what you got. I wonder if she sold anything tonight? :?:

The best part about a show is probably not the cash you make, but the lessons you learn. It's like a giant experiment. It is likely she over heard many people make comments that will help her show be better next time.

Back