Not enough lather?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikindred

Reaction score
Okay, I got my supplies and made my first batch of MP last night. The soaps came out beautiful but they did not have enough lather when I used on last night. What can you add to MP to create more lather?

I have found that with some newly made M&P soap you kind of have to get it going by using a face cloth ,you know rough it up and use hot water ,where did you get your base and what if anything did you add to your base??

although I have never purchased base from them I have only heard good things about them ,you additive should have made no difference in lathering properties ,try getting it going under hot water and face cloth it should "catch". :)

How much FO did you put in it..I know sometimes,I add more than I should and this hinders the Lather..

not my favorite supplier.

My experience with MP soap is limited, but I've managed some pretty "flat" batches by overheating, by adding too much "stuff" (liquid - milk & tea, oils, etc.), and I'm sure there are other ways too.

Some say that adding coconut oil to MP will increase the lather. Now I cannot for the life of me imagine why it would, but it was Prairie Annie who told me that and she's queen of MP so I have no choice but to believe her.

I think that you should try different base. I know that it is another investment, but well worth it. Try WSP or SFIC. You won't regret it.

carebear said:
not my favorite supplier.

My experience with MP soap is limited, but I've managed some pretty "flat" batches by overheating, by adding too much "stuff" (liquid - milk & tea, oils, etc.), and I'm sure there are other ways too.

Some say that adding coconut oil to MP will increase the lather. Now I cannot for the life of me imagine why it would, but it was Prairie Annie who told me that and she's queen of MP so I have no choice but to believe her.

I read (somewhere online) that if you add a bit of coconut oil to bath / shower gel base it will increase the lather. So...maybe it works for MP too.

i buy my soap from WSP...They are awesome soaps..
With GM soap,you have to rub a little harder on the cloth to get a lather going,but once you do,,It is amazing..

Back