Quantcast

No freezer paper, can I line cardboard with...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

josianeg

Reaction score
I don’t have freezer paper, can I line a cardboard box with something else to use it as a mold?

I have parchemin paper, Glad cling wrap (Saran wrap)...

Thanks!

atiz

Reaction score
Yep, parchment paper works great (that's the only one I have ever used). (I didn't even realize there was a difference between that and freezer paper.... well, learned something today!)

josianeg

Reaction score
Thanks!

I also learned something today... After reading online I was sure HP soap needed only 1 week to cure, but here I read it takes as long as CP! 🙀

PieBorg

Reaction score
Contact paper works well, but once you stick it to your box, it'll be there forever.

szaza

Reaction score
If you use a cardboard box, I'd recommend taping it all around, so if your liner leaks your mold won't start to leak as well.
Parchment paper works well as a liner as mentioned by others.
About HP and cure, yes it needs just as long a cure as CP. It is safe right after cook, but definitely not cured.

glendam

Reaction score
I usually make liners with thin plastic sheets instead of freezer paper, and I can reuse them. (Like cutting boards from Dollar tree store, or from plastic filing folders)

KiwiMoose

Reaction score
I use baking paper. Don't use Glad wrap - it will get too hot. I've always used baking paper - we can only get freezer paper here from the craft store where they use for patchwork or embroidery or something. They sell it by the metre - about $5 per metre I think it was. I thought she meant $5 for the whole box at first and thought - wow that's not too bad! LOL. Once I found out the cost I decided that my baking paper ( at $3 per 15m box) was more than sufficient.

Latest posts