No freezer paper, can I line cardboard with...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josianeg

Reaction score
I don’t have freezer paper, can I line a cardboard box with something else to use it as a mold?

I have parchemin paper, Glad cling wrap (Saran wrap)...

Thanks!

Either parchment paper or food wrap will work. Don't use waxed paper. It's too thin and not sturdy enough.

Yep, parchment paper works great (that's the only one I have ever used). (I didn't even realize there was a difference between that and freezer paper.... well, learned something today!)

Thanks!

I also learned something today... After reading online I was sure HP soap needed only 1 week to cure, but here I read it takes as long as CP! 🙀

If you use a cardboard box, I'd recommend taping it all around, so if your liner leaks your mold won't start to leak as well.
Parchment paper works well as a liner as mentioned by others.
About HP and cure, yes it needs just as long a cure as CP. It is safe right after cook, but definitely not cured.

I usually make liners with thin plastic sheets instead of freezer paper, and I can reuse them. (Like cutting boards from Dollar tree store, or from plastic filing folders)

I use baking paper. Don't use Glad wrap - it will get too hot. I've always used baking paper - we can only get freezer paper here from the craft store where they use for patchwork or embroidery or something. They sell it by the metre - about $5 per metre I think it was. I thought she meant $5 for the whole box at first and thought - wow that's not too bad! LOL. Once I found out the cost I decided that my baking paper ( at $3 per 15m box) was more than sufficient.

Latest posts

Back