Nice stationary paper for cigar band labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
For those of you that use cigar band labels, where do you get your paper from?

I am planning to box most of my soaps and use stick labels but am thinking I might use cigar bands for craft fairs. I'd like to find some nice natural coloured paper (an ivory/off white and a light sage green) for the labels. Recycled paper maybe?

I've checked paper-source.com but their paper is pricy! YEEK!

Any other suggestions? I'd like to order online since I live in a small town and don't have access to any of the big stores like Michaels, etc.

Thanks!

I normally use scrapbooking paper from clearance racks.

Recently I wrapped a batch with pages from a phone book, cut into strips that I was going to throw away from work.

Thanks you two!

Lindy, you always know about the Canadian sites! I can never find Canadian suppliers. I know the main ones for soap supplies, but things like paper, foils, and anything else I need, I can hardly ever find someone in Canada that sells it for a good price! :( Thanks!!!

ETA: I just checked out that site and WOW! Lots of nice stuff at great prices. Thanks again! I can't wait to go shopping! :)

Gracie what I fantastic site! I love their stuff - thanks for sharing it - I can see some things there that I am going to want for Christmas sales...

Np Lindy, and they can do custom imaging with your logo. We are currently working with them to make us a signature ribbon.

Check out your local gift shows, that is where we found them. You maybe able to find something more local. Are you in Vancouver???

Hi Gracie - I'm actually north of Vancouver - it takes 2 ferries to get to me or airplane - you can't just drive here although I have heard of a dirt track that takes you way up into the mountains and back - I haven't heard of anyone ever using it though :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... I live in a place called Powell River.....

Thanks for the info....

I got some nice pale green and a beige, heavy paper at wal mart for $8.00 for 100 sheets, it has a kind of light veining to it.I like it and it is very nice to work with.I am making a kind of soap box out of it.

HTH

Kitn

x

i get a lot of gift wrap in rolls real cheap-foils, holiday and seasonal at dollar stores and walmart. i have a large cutting mat and i use a 3' metal ruler and a crafts razor knife to cut them in strips.

monet

I am just using white copy paper and printing off cigar bands with a piccy which goes to the front of the bar. I recently found some cheap mulberry paper at a craft shop ($2.00 AUD for a 1.5 m roll) and I am now using a strip of mulberry paper as a backing for my cigar band labels. Here's pics of how I do it:-

Labelling001.jpg

Labelling003.jpg

Just for ideas Ashley!

Tanya
:)

Here's an idea for inexpensive paper-
Old wallpaper books from your local paint store.
Each year they get new displays- often the books
are in great shape and they are usually glad to give them away.
I know people who use them for gift wrap.
The colors are mellow, and there are lots of textured papers, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Tanya that is the kinda thing I'm going for! I'd like a textured or coloured backing paper and then will print my actual label on white or ivory printer paper.

I found a nice big book of scrapbooking paper at Michaels - 500 12x12 sheets for around $21 (with the 40% coupon). The designs are great but there are only 5 pages of each design. :\ I won't be able to be consistent with my label colours and designs if I use it, but I guess it's not a huge deal. (Yeah, I'm overly picky about things like that!) LOL.

x

for a nice rustic look the fabric stores sell craft burlap in natural and colors. you could use a strip for backing, too.

Thanks Lindy - and Ashley I am glad I was some help with ideas! I bought the mulberry paper on a whim cause I loved the colours and it wasn't until I got it home that I thought "oh, soap....of course!" :lol:

Tanya :)

labels...

Just a note about using designs from the craft store to sell products in....expect to possibly get a cease-and-desist letter from the artist/owner of the print you are using. The designs are usually licensed and you have to cut a deal with whomever owns them in order use them.

If you're not selling a huge amount, it is likely okay, but a woman I know who sold cakes at shows on the East Coast and created her box labels from wallpaper designs she found at a local shop.....that wound up being from an artist in her area. She wound up paying $2,500 so the woman wouldn't sue her. Plus she had to spend more to change her labels.

What her lawyer told her is that if you buy a box with a design that is meant to be resold ....then it's not a problem, but if you incorporate someone else's design to sell your product then you could get smacked with a cease and desist order...or worse, a lawsuit.

Just a word of caution.

Back